Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Goofballs and Nutjobs Living in an Orchard

I am going to go to bat for someone that's NOT on my BFF list. Steve Jobs. He's the head muckity-muck over at Apple. He is also known around the beach house as iDarth. Look, if you own an Apple that is your business. Even though I'd like to have one on my network for improving the learning curve concerning service, there is no way in hell or heaven I'd use it as my number one "go to" machine. Sure hope I don't reach the gate and St. Peter is using a Mac. It is very very doubtful that'll be happening. The primo beach house workstation is always a Windows machine. Second choice is Linux Kubuntu. And yes I am making serious moves about converting one of my servers to Linux. Anyway, always keep in mind that the largest selling software for an Apple is Microsoft Office. Think about it...

Apple is okay. Just okay. They are way overpriced and constantly make claims that simply are not true. They are not fast. They can defintely get virus infections. The don't have the best personal interface devices. Let's admit it. That mouse and keyboard have ALWAYS sucked. They improved somewhat by switching to Intel processors. They outright stole FreeBSD, put some proprietary voodoo on it and now sell an opensource based operating system that is not too bad. You know, that Panther, Tiger, Lion OS thangy that started with OS10. Wonder when they'll come out with the Warthog version? Wait Windows beat them to it - Windows Millenium (Windows ME).

Steve Jobs has elected not to appear at the Macworld Expo after being there for 25 years. Read about at CNetNews.com. This article is part of the Business Tech Week in Review. Here's an opinion for all you little Apple Nazis that are doing mega-whining: Get off iDarth's ass. I mean it!!!! The man is fighting a rare form of pancreatic cancer and your selfish gripes and moanings will certainly not help him feel any better. If Bill Gates had such problems Windows Nazis would be sympathetic, wish him well and possibly even pray for him. So, give old iDarth a break. I mean damn! When someone like me defends him, all you lameass Apple users should shut the hell up and send him kudos and well wishes. Bitches!!!!!! Sheesh.

As often wished here at the beach house, I hope this post was not too vague.

"Every man dies. Not every man really lives."
~William Wallace

No comments: