Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Everybody's Got Something to Hide, Except for Me and My Monkey


Has anyone else noticed an unusual amount of errors in Firefox? My problem is while surfing it will just, at random, gray out all pages and you have to shut it down. This has happened several times. Is it me? Anyone else having problems? The present version at the beach house is 2.0.0.14. It's nice to have an alternative like Sea Monkey instead of using Intersnake Explorer. Yes, there is a browser called SeaMonkey. It is an old style Mozilla browser. It's fun. Much better than IE or Opera, etc. And there's no doubt it is the little brother to FireFox.

This morning we had a torrential rain. There's a lake in front of the beach house. Left the beachhousemobile parked in the front yard after offloading some equipment late yesterday. Now I am waiting to see if the "lake" drains away so I won't leave ruts in the yard. A really bad scenario would be to have one's truck stuck in one's front yard. I'd never hear the end of it. The TV was turned off since the weather terrorist Dick Rice, WTVA Channel 9, was gleefully interrupting every 7.5 seconds.

The sirens are going off and I've taken the usual precautionary measures when the beach house experiences bad weather. The shades on the windows of the western wall are now open. Since most tornadoes travel from the southwest to northeast any oncoming funnel clouds should be apparent through the windows to the west. Sorry, storms don't bother me. Been through tornadoes, hurricanes and typhoons. Actually enjoy a good thunderstorm if the power stays up. It has been down a few times this morning. Thanks out to Beagle for the phone call of concern. If I look out the window and see a tornado I will go to the stormhouse if there's time, promise.

Now where are my rubber boots?

"My favorite weather is bird-chirping weather."
~Loire Hartwould

EDIT: When the above post was written no major tornadoes had struck the area. That has changed. There are reports from all over about heavy damage. I had no intention to make light of this disaster, it hadn't occurred when this was published earlier. The joking was about myself anyway. Well myself and Dick Rice's fanaticism (yes he's only doing his job, this I know). Please forgive my flippant attitude in the body of the post. CERTAINLY there is no desire for anyone to suffer in any way. Here are some pics of the damage. Thanks Mudslingr for the photos.


No comments: