Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bubba is On the Tube Tonight!


Spring has sprung and Memorial Day weekend is almost here. What better way to start summer festivities than to see Jimmy Buffett? He's on David Letterman tonight. He is one of my all time favorite Democrats. Shucks, he's in showbiz, isn't it required? Hope he sings, but if he sits and chats with Dave that'll be K too. When the mood needs a lift there's nothing like Jimmy Buffett music to boost morale. Dude is 62 years old and still going strong. His music has shored me up many times. One Particular Harbor, Pirate Looks at Forty, Volcano, Margaritaville, Changes in Latitude, In the Shelter, Boat Drinks, Gypsies in the Palace, God's Own Drunk, Wish I Had a Saxophone, West Nashville Ballroom Gowns, Son of a Son of a Sailor, The Night I Painted the Sky, Gravity Storm, this list can go on forever. Got a favorite? Comment!!!!

"Maybe it's the sausage or those pretty pink shrimp
Or that popcorn rice that makes me blow up like a blimp.
Maybe it's that voodoo from Marie Leveaux,
But I will play for gumbo
Yeah, I will play for gumbo."

~Buffett

No comments: