Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, September 01, 2007

No More Beach House LAN Parties EVER

EDIT: After re-reading this several hours later let me just admit that working from 4:00AM until 7:00AM and making no noticeable headway was most frustrating. This, amplified by changes in medication, finally made me throw the towel in and actually was depressing for a few minutes. It is still a good idea not to plan any more gatherings here...for a while anyway.

LAN Party is off. Don't ever ask me to do this again. I have too much to do and no one wants to help until 2 hours before it starts. It's amazing that so many people are interested, but I spend my week stressing out about doing ALL the prep work and finance. Don't call with attitude either. I'm pissed. It frustrates the hell out of me when I do not deliver on my word and cancellation does not make me happy. And as far as asking for help, does someone my age, in my state of health really have to ask? Taxes and death are sure things and so is no more Beach House LAN Parties. To GW players, I'll gladly resign as guild leader and even leave the guild if asked. Now I must call everyone and try and remain calm. Please, I'm begging, don't bother me today unless it's an emergency. Thinking about teasing me about this? Don't go there...

"People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing."
~Will Rogers

No comments: