Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Midsummer's Night Marsupial Dream

It's 4:45AM and my pulse may be back to normal. Being in a sound sleep dreaming wonderful things about conquests in GuildWars, my sudden awakening was awful frightening. Thought that Yahoo had sent in fighter jets and they were bombing the house. There was a horrible loud banging just under my window and sounds that seem to originate in the bowels of hell. Growling and gnashing and hissing and whining and yelping all combined to make me grab a weapon before opening the window shade to see what was trying to gnaw its way into the beach house.

Arnold, opossumus austriabodicus germanicus, had cornered another possum! They mangled part of a direction sign to Margaritaville, beach house, etc., given to me by Hoppa and Mrs. Hoppa. It can be repaired, but enough is enough. Realizing someone might drive by and see me standing there in my underwear the door was swiftly shut and a robe was donned. After running outside getting louder than the two combatants, Arnold let his victim get up. The poor end of beating became a gray blur as he slipped around the fence. Arnold hissed at me, gave me the possum finger, flexed his right paw showing off the Mom tattoo, waddled around me and climbed back up the oak tree.

It was then I noticed his favorite grill turned over. Apparently Arnold was upset because a usurper was playing with one of his favorite toys. The grill is going in the trash. Now it's time to sleep again...with a weapon. Have a casual day and may it be free of warring possum factions.

"To insult someone we call him "bestial." For deliberate cruelty and nature, "human" might be the greater insult."
~Isaac Asimov

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]KmPvCiXZPSy[/url] , szrRPblyCWnqE - http://hhmgziigpu.com