Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, June 08, 2007

If You know More Than the Tech Then Why Bother?

Why won't people listen? Why? One of the most amazing things about the world of the internet is how people ignore good advice and keep using bad product. Damn it all, if you are using that sorry ass Yahoo you will get spyware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They call it adware, but it's all the same to me. These jerks still persist in infecting your computer with all that Claria, 180Solutions, etc. There's articles everywhere on the net about it.

It's crossed my mind to add an extra charge to anyone that brings me a computer with a Yahoo homepage. In the past I have told someone that if they wanted me to look at their machine, stop using Yahoo. Six months later it was returned with Claria, 180Solutions, etc. all over it. That damned Weatherbug was in the sys tray. There were over 800 instances of garbageware on it. After several hours of removing this junk and putting the machine back in working order I decided to charge 2 hours bench time. The actual time was double that. They were pissed. Then they really got pissed when I told them just don't bother with the bill and don't come back.

They paid me later. I still won't work on this machine. So if your tech has tried to help you and you've acted like a jerk and ignored him, suffer the consequences. Your pocketbook should be lightened. This is my bitch of the week and I'll try to do better. YAHOO SUCKS! Later.

"Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"
~Winnie the Pooh

No comments: