Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Pass Me Another Glass of that Whine, Please

The aging process is still one of the great mysteries. Yesterday had an agenda to perform some overdue tasks and as I moved a shelf someone snuck up behind me and hit me in the lower back with a 10lb sledge hammer. Well, not really. It did feel like it. As I did my best Charles Laughton/Hunchback imitation and slowly made it to the house and then to the medicine cabinet, my tripping while going up the steps didn't help.

When growing up lifting stuff was never a problem. If a muscle was strained it repaired quickly, especially if there was something fun to attend. Now older, overweight and overwrought, back problems suck. It's not just the pain. The wasted time drives me nuts. Sorry MJR, I'll have to replace that Baldwyn power supply in a few days. Sorry Kim, Killer and Kristi. Will finish the remote maintenance in a few days.

Under the influence of Flexiril since yesterday makes me groggy. Please forgive any errors. Good Lord willin' Monday will be a better day. My wimpiness is outta' here.

"There is still no cure for the common birthday."
-John Glenn

No comments: