Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Cingular? More Like Dingular...They Suck

Cingular users in the Tupelo area, please help me. Don't buy anything from the Cingular store next to Sam's. I have had an ongoing problem with an earbud headset which has a factory defect and they refused to honor the warranty on it today. Research is being done to find out specific names and they will be posted.

Bought the first one in April. It broke and I bought another a few months later from a polite young man named Scott. After expressing interest in purchasing a second one he mentioned if I still had the old one it could be replaced under warranty at no charge. Returning the next week it was discovered they had none in stock and needing to leave one in the car prompted me to purchase a Motorola Blue Tooth.

Well the earbud failed again. It has two small pieces that keep coming out of the connecting device which makes it inoperable. Took it by the same location and they refused to replace it or credit me the cost towards another Blue Tooth device. So, they are liars and have violated warranty procedures. When this contract is up my business will go elsewhere. Their rudeness was also noted and an investigation is underway to prompt further action. A woman waited on me and it was apparent the manager, who was too "busy" to come out front and talk to me was female.

Since they do come under the category of communications a report is being filed with the Mississippi Public Service Commission. Look, this is a small cost item. It's also a matter of manners and truth. If anyone else has had problems with these crude people please let me know. It irks me to have someone stand there smiling and smirking while telling me they will not uphold their end of a bargain. You know in the old West that was grounds for a gunfight.

And no, I won't calm down. My politeness lasted until the walk out the door and no profanity or threats were used. My last words were, "Please let me have my headset and receipt, I'll find another way to handle this problem." Yes, rudeness prompted me to take action many years ago concerning a like matter and legal advice was sought on how to handle the problem. That incident took legal action and I won. The lawyer was so upset with the crudeness of this business he waived the fee! Will keep you posted.

“A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.”
-Watterson

No comments: