Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, September 25, 2006

Idle Chatter and Immaturity

The server switch ended up past 11:00pm yesterday. Moving files of that nature just take time. The network is 10/100 and all equipment functioned properly. It's all good though. Eight hours invested plus several hours of bench time to actually upgrade the machine, format and install the OS and incorporate SCSI plus some ancillary software problems made for a longer than usual installation. The four phone calls made throughout the day assured me that the transition had been done efficiently and my precautionary remaining in close proximity could cease. Besides, I corrected some errors on the network concerning printers, security, etc., so boring it was not. I will say a prayer of gratitude before retiring.

It's obvious that a spammer has found this site interesting, at least the comments. Instead of using Blogger the comments are driven by a company called Haloscan. They contacted me within hours after receiving my complaint. Their usual cure is to have the person immediately banned from their ISP and other actions are taken to stop such idiocy. I was asked if the need arose would I prosecute? So keep tightening that noose. Just spam away and leave a trail. Ahh, the idle time of a childlike person. Gosh, wish my brain was that vacant and there were no time restraints in my life. Hey, there's a positive spin; some companies still care about their customers. You go, Haloscan!

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."
-Mark Twain

No comments: