Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, September 05, 2004

'Zilla my snilla

You can say what you want about Internet Explorer versus Mozilla, but the statistics speak -> browser poll. Let me once again mention I am NOT encouraging anyone to dump IE. Just update it and install ALL critical patches. If you are running XP it's time to look at Service Pack 2; there are major Internet Explorer changes in SP2. Please remember, Microsoft will only let you update from Internet Explorer. I am still favoring Mozilla and using Firefox to write this post. Firefox is slightly quicker, but has a tendency to do weird things like momentary lock ups, moving from page to page in a strange way, etc.

Mozilla more than doubled in user stats in the past year. Haven't used Opera since they charge for it. Deepnet Explorer constantly talks to someone (my firewall meter goes crazy when I have Deepnet open). So, I use Mozilla most of the time. I still check on IE updates every day. One of the coolest looking browsers, Firebird, is bundled with the Linux "flavor" Phlak. Very crisp text and images. It is also quick for a CD based browser. This OS is hacker oriented and free to download.

"When making a decision of minor importance, I have always found it advantageous to consider all the pros and cons. In vital matters, however, such as the choice of a mate or a profession, the decision should come from the unconscious, from somewhere within ourselves. In the important decisions of personal life, we should be governed, I think, by the deep inner needs of our nature."
-Sigmund Freud

No comments: