Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, September 13, 2004

Dinner, some movies, a song and archives

A movie that features the music of Jane Monheit, even if it is played during the end credits, will get my attention. Believe me this beautiful young lady sounds nothing like Pink or L'il Kim. This is stylized jazz at it's best. Whew! She's just awesome. Just click on her name and hear a sultry, smooth, sensuous voice. Wait, this is about a movie...

During my couch anchoring stint this past evening I watched a two hour special on George Lucas and Star Wars which is playing on A&E this month. Somewhere in between the aggravating weather announcements that chop up viewing and grilling a chicken beasty I did see a commercial for Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. The original Star Wars Trilogy (episodes IV, V, VI) comes out on DVD tomorrow and Sky Captain premiers in theaters Friday. Major week for scifi geeks. Yes, I have seen all five Star Wars episodes at the theater. Actually sat thru the first one twice, back to back in May 1977. This was during my Purple Haze years. And yes, I have seen everyone of them multiple times at the theater. So, after reading reviews of Sky Captain and noticing that Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow are the female leading players, I'll probably wander into a theater this weekend and stay for the end credits.

Archives should be working now. At least they are at the moment. Will keep checking on it. In the meantime, may the port be with you...er, uh - may the force be with you.

"Music is the only sensual pleasure that has no vice"
-Samuel Johnson

No comments: