Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, July 08, 2012

Fallen and Almost Didn't Get Up

After a round of back problems and making a decision that I WOULD NOT have back surgery without a second opinion (that probably won't make any difference) several weeks have passed in a muscle relaxer stupor. After staying off the meds for a few days I was busy moving equipment around and tripped over an open computer case. If not squeamish the picture below shows the results. It starts at the bottom of my kneecap and continues down for about 9-10 inches. Pretty huh? Eat your heart out Gwyneth Paltrow, Mila Kunis, Naomi Watts and Kate Beckinsale! After tearing it open at the top again on Saturday, I am off my feet for a few days to let this knit back together.


Most of my life I've been a blessed man and not suffered a great deal physically. Of course some that know me seem to think the same is not true when applied to the mental aspect. On occasion I am bothered by an old wound that hinders walking a bit, but other than the blood pressure/stroke problems down through the years that have been controlled by meds most of the time, it hasn't been that bad. That said, the last few years have been hell.

One malady after another. Yes I am familiar with whine mode, turbo whine mode, and warp whine mode. Ladies and gentlemen, brothers and sisters, let me tell ya that warp whine can be found at the beach house most any time of the day or night. If you drive by don't think those horrible sounds you hear are the neighborhood possum, Sid, whuppin' up on a cat or dog. Just might be me trying to stand up, roll over in bed or tie my shoes.

K, dropping out of warp back to normal. Hey, it's not all bad. I have lost over 50 pounds! You know, sometimes you just have to accentuate the positive...

No comments: