Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Today I Am a Fringe Lunatic

After a few unsettling hours of sleep I've awakened with a churning stomach and cannot take anything or eat anything. I will be miserable until the doctor's appointment is over and can take Pepcid. I will take something to break this anxiety and the clinic will just have to deal with it. Regular meds are permitted. Going to the clinic makes me anxious enough. Can anyone explain the dread and fear that come along when a trip to the clinic rolls around? Then I have to rush back to Tupelo and work all afternoon. Then home to a filthy house (definitely my fault) and a yard that needs mowing (again, my fault). Tomorrow's forecast is rain, chance 80%. Duh! If I mow today, it'll back the same height after the rain! After working so hard to lose weight I get on the scales this morning and realized that I have gained back almost 20lbs. That's not helping my frustration. 50lbs of weight loss looked so much better. Plus the doctor is a runner and extremely thin. He seems to sneer at me when I am in the office. I may cancel again and see if I can pull myself together. This whole network thing that I mentioned last night is really bothering me. I guess sometimes we all just sorta' lose it and that time is here and bothering me.

After a period of contemplation I am canceling the appointment this morning. I have no business driving today. Stomach problems have escalated and there will be no further details about that situation. Besides, this having only one computer bothers the hell out of me. I have to have backup if dialing into a network becomes necessary. My front end wired router decided to join the rest of the conspiratorial network devices and is unstable. A power surge or lightning strike possibly? Literally, I'd have to go to another location if I lose this connection. On top of all this the truck is not wanting to run right this morning. Sheesh! Need to get off here and get busy with some of this malarkey. Good Lord, do I ever want a doughnut!!!

"The mark of a successful man is one that has spent an entire day on the bank of a river without feeling guilty about it."
~D. Neal Jennings

No comments: