Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween, It's Almost Over

Uneventful Halloween. No tricksters or treaters and the moon was very bright. Spent the night taking it easy trying to stop the Benadryl. Talked to Beagle and they were doing a neighborhood Halloween. CSA of Tupelo had all employee children come the last hour of work Friday and receive treats. What a neat idea! If you own a business you might consider sponsoring such an event. Very kewl and very generous. Bet the kids had a blast - the young ones and the old ones. I am not a holiday person. This year I may actually hide somewhere and avoid all the Christmas stuff. Give the little ones gifts and be done with it. I love Thanksgiving. Sorry, not Scrooge here. Just think everyone has adopted an attitude that the reason for the season is gift giving, and that's not the case. It hurts my feelings when someone forces me into that situation and I cannot financially afford it. I'll keep my cell phone on for emergency calls.

"Tis now the very witching time of night,
When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out
Contagion to this world."

~William Shakespeare
(This is from Hamlet and contrary to popular belief the witching hour is NOT midnight. It's actually 3:00AM, the exact time opposite of Christ's death on the cross.)

No comments: