Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

On the Advent of a New Term

It's hard to find anything to post techwise since the media's obsession with the new President controls the front. It looks like Windows 7 is getting positive results and this makes me happy. A lot of people just never gave Vista a chance. All in all I find the Ultimate version to be a nice operating system. You do have to spend some time and research during initial setup. Once it is configured it does a nice job. You will have to possibly update some hardware. 2 gigs of memory or above is almost mandatory for an advanced user.

I am upset. Bigots suck. This horse's ass named Lowery that delivered the benediction after the Inaugural Address needs to be censored. He decided it was okay to offend EVERY white person on the planet. This does not bode well for the next 4 years. And hey, I don't give an absolute damn if you do not agree with me. Don't like my opinion? Go somewhere else. I, for one, am tired of being run over just because I'm white. Yep, a white guy that spent 2 damned years in that awful Vietnam protecting people of all colors. I have the scars to prove it!

Check out the transcript at the Chicago Sun-Times. BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN AND READ THE COMMENTS. It appears I'm not the only one that took offense. Many people feel the same way. They ostracized Trent Lott for a less offensive joke. What about it? Nothing will be done to this jerk since the news media has glossed over it.

"Man has always sacrificed truth to his vanity, comfort and advantage. He lives... by make-believe."
~W. Somerset Maugham

"America is a tune. It must be sung together."
~Gerald Stanley Lee

"Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself."
~Robert Ingersoll

No comments: