Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, January 08, 2009

How I Am Celebrating Elvis's Birthday

Ain't nuthin' but a hound dawg. Busy and frustrated hound dawg. Have a computer that has beat me up for over a month. Every time I turn around a new problem pops up. It's a file transfer problem from a hard drive that is in its final death throes. Then every time hardware is upgraded (cdrw to dvdrw, etc.) a snafu will show up. Sorry Greg, bringing you my Linux/XP machine to use temporarily with the rest of the new equipment and will have the other unit ready over the weekend.

Ever shot a computer with a weapon? Many years ago several techs and I unloaded on an old Packard-Bell. We even video taped it. Was with a buddy of mine and two of his techs. His wife did the video taping. Everyone laughed and the store owner said I had won the contest because of the quick change with two of my four 15 round clips. Carried a Glock Model 20. Can you imagine 30 rounds of 10MM and not a single miss? Gosh, I really loved that weapon. That silly prank has been on my mind a lot lately. Why mention this incident now? See above paragraph.

Have to do a provider change tomorrow. It's early and is DSL to cable modem. All of the small mail transfer protocol will have to be redone on the client machines. This is a very work intense business and the reliability factor of internet connectivity is very important. Hopefully that will go smoothly.

Melinda, I'll either get by and repair that phone line today, tomorrow or first thing Monday. It will be done before the move on Tuesday.

Still working on some things in here and y'all should start to see changes soon. Appreciate everyone sticking with me and all the great moral support. The past few weeks have been rough. I'm dreaming about Vietnam again. That's never good.

No comments: