Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, January 26, 2009

Laid Back

Here are two tunes from one of my all time favorite musicians. Don't get me wrong, I love Pink Floyd, the Stones, Mozart, Dave Matthews, George Gershwin, John Mayer, Hendrix, Celtic Woman, King Crimson, Better Than Ezra, Temptations, Lee Ritenour, Beatles, Taylor Swift, etc., but jazz makes me mellow, calm and leaves a feeling of warmth in my heart. It's hard to believe that these were made in 1984. The sound quality is awesome. Start the week casual. Take a few minutes and de-stress to the sounds of David Sanborn performing live:






"The saxophone is actually a translation of the human voice, in my conception. All you can do is play melody. No matter how complicated it gets, it’s still a melody."
~Stan Getz

No comments: