Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, July 25, 2008

Saigon or Memphis? Give Me Saigon

I do not like Memphis, TN. They have a fool for a mayor and are some of the rudest people in the world. I not only despise and abhor the Memphis Veterans' Hospital, I downright hate it. And Dr. Beavers...you best stay out of my neck of the woods. Show up and your nasty hateful, snarling peer group will be taking care of you. Bet Satan will be glad when he gets you BACK on his staff. It is my genuine hope and desire that I NEVER, NEVER, NEVER have to go back to this War Zone. Memphis is a cesspool and if the world ever gets an enema they'll stick the tube in Memphis. Insertion central will be around the Memphis VA Hospital. If you are a Memphian and this makes you mad, please don't come back. Also, it's not for me to judge my fellow man, I understand. But being rude and impolite has no rhyme or reason. And calling "Mayor" Herrington names? Look at his politcal history. Can't help that which is obvious.

Apparently I am not the only person with such feeling. Check out Jacqui Cheng's article at ArsTechnica. There's never been any doubt I support law enforcement. Yes, there are Barney Fife's in the real world, but most of the people wearing blue are good people. No doubt they have a job that would be impossible for me to perform. We need them and at times their jobs seem impossible. Our local PD is unobtrusive and friendly. Okay, don't speed in Saltillo. It's against the law and they enforce it. That suits me. Saltillo is 180 degrees when compared to Memphis.

There has to be a few good folks that live in Memphis. I just haven't met them. There are churches throughout the city so some good has to exist. Most of the folks you meet when you cross the border into Mississippi are nice folks. The close proximity to Hatefulville has not had negative results on the people in Olive Branch, Horn Lake, etc. Most newcomers in that area will tell you they migrated to North Mississippi to escape the crime and corruption of Memphis. Reminds me of the Hebrew nation leaving Egypt many years ago.

Maybe we'll discuss things technical tomorrow.

“We live in a stage of politics, where legislators seem to regard the passage of laws as much more important than the results of their enforcement.
~William Howard Taft

No comments: