Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Planning? Not So Good

If anyone has a 939 motherboard CPU heatsink and fan, locally, please contact me. The better part of yesterday and the past 3 hours has been spent trying to find one earmarked for a project that is due TODAY. My level of frustration hasn't been this high in quite some time. I had returned the fan/sink unit to its original box along with a damaged CPU so I wouldn't misplace it before the new undamaged CPU arrived. Well, it's arrived as has everything else and there's no use assembling without that cooling unit. Now I will be behind and struggling since there are no retail outlets open on Sunday that carry such items. If I rob the one out of this machine then my ability to access critical installation data is gone and transferring that data to another machine is not practical. Now the house is a wreck, the 'all-nighter' has me tired and exasperated plus my stomach is imitating a concrete mixer. Anyone need a job cleaning the beach house? Promise not to get in the way too much.

You know, it's always somethin'...

"I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages."
~Mauldin

No comments: