Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Nice Headset

Finally a headset that is lightweight, has good sound quality and can be used mono or with both ears. My long hunt came to an end yesterday at Best Buy. I've used the Plantronics 480 one evening over Google Talk and am very much impressed. The frequency response is not 20-20K, but suits my needs. The cord is barely 4 feet long which is short. These are intended for laptops and have a nice compact case for transport. Plugging into my Stealth ZBoard gives me plenty of room to move around. If monitoring the phone while working one ear piece can be removed and nicely bundled with the lapel clamp. There's also a USB adapter included. The test last night resulted in excellent mike quality and no fatigue from a binding headpiece. Usually the switches eventually create problems so time will tell. It's so nice to have tunes while working.

Teamspeak has problems. I have the Alienware down for SCSI insertion. Vaguely I remember dropping a Seagate Cheetah drive several months ago and think I've found it. Another drive will be used today and hopefully it will be back on line. Changed the power supply in the Web server last night and my haste has probably ruined a motherboard and God knows what else. Sparks flew and the air had a tinge of carbon burn. Time to shop for new server board, etc. The problems with Teamspeak are about to get on my last nerve so best tread lightly about the subject. Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass if it ever works again. That said, I will bring it back to life for those of you that are patient and nice.

UPDATE: TeamSpeak is back on line. The name now has Dragons plural (the extra s) Your passwords and user names have not changed. Please give time for a defragmentation which is in process. Sign on time will be 1:30PM CDT, Sunday, 3/30/2008.

Time to stop whining and enjoy the music. Rain here so the day will be slow and easy. I need it.

"I have no pleasure in any man who despises music. It is no invention of ours: it is a gift of God. I place it next to theology. Satan hates music: he knows how it drives the evil spirit out of us."
~Martin Luther

No comments: