Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Title at Cybersouth Beach House? Head Bongo Master and Resident Witchdoctor.

There's a minor bitch slap fight going on in the comments. Here are some articles about SCSI technology versus SATA technology.

Computing.net

PCGuide

Silicon.com

By no means am I against SATA. There are two SATA drives striped in my gaming machine. But when it comes to small business file servers my money is still on SCSI. The cost difference makes more sense when building a workstation because SATA can be 1/4 the cost of a SCSI. Still, STABILITY and longevity are my desired goals when building servers. In a few years fiber will rule all according to my tech friends. That makes this argument sorta' pointless, ya think?

This fight is stopping. Positives have been made for both technologies. Besides if you look at the label for yesterday's post it didn't say tech help, it said tech help? - please note the question mark. The post was not meant to be taken seriously. It was meant to joke about my embracing SCSI stuff for many years and being old school. Yes, I remember seeing the pterodactyls fly by when installing my first 20mb Western Pacific hard drive. Gates had not even fired a synapse concerning Windows at that time. He would come many years later. Back then you learned about many things technical. Some survived and some didn't. I wish dot matrix printers would go away forever. Still hate them.

Once again this is MY site. It is not a forum. If you do not like what is discussed here go somewhere else. The Possums Haters of America don't visit here. Nor do many bleeding heart liberals. I am not always right and my political correctness is minimal at best. Gosh, start your own blog. Have at it. Now that said, get out and enjoy the day. There's a great world out there filled with many many folks that like to argue. Arguing with me? Hey, don't bring a stick or knife to a gunfight (I am sure this will be taken out of context and not seen as a joke by narrow minded people).

Later.

"It just wouldn't be a picnic without the ants."
~David Neal Jennings

No comments: