Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Destination? Coastal Highway

Wow, what a week. It's been a while since I've spent time out of town for more than 2 days. The "powers" that be are trying to cancel the trip and so help me God, unless a dire and I mean DIRE emergency arises, my lardbutt will be on the way to Florida astride the Harley this weekend. If the apocalypse hits they'll find me on the side road, down on my knees praying with the rumble of an idling Harley in the background just in case that I may be able to take a trip to heaven by my favorite transportation mode.

There are techs standing by and I will have the cell phone and laptop on the bike. We'll stop every few hours to check calls, get gas, drink coffee and walk off/shake out our old age. Please understand that I'll gladly take calls and point the right person towards you to solve any problems that arise. There are 5 super qualified techs standing by so your systems will be serviced if needed.

Please don't expect me to have my laptop in hand and remote into a network if I am busy shaking hands with one of my heroes like Arlen Ness, Paul Teutul Jr. and Sr. or Mikey. I'll refer the problem to a qualified geek/tech type located in your area or remote in when back at the hotel.

This is a trip that will encompass a LOT of riding along the beach. There's salt in my blood and being near the ocean on a Harley is a double dose of magic for me. I am traveling with a life long friend and expect to see a lot of things, take a bunch of pictures, eat some nifty food and enjoy the camaraderie of people that know how to shed stress, namely motorcycle people.

And no I don't fly colors and am considered by some to be a yuppie/geek biker. After all, cell phone, laptop, palm tungsten, mp3 player, bluetooth earpieces (2) and jump drive will be on my ride. Yes, I am very much like a child with uber candy. It's all about the ride...not the destination.

"Keep your bike in good repair: motorcycle boots are not comfortable for walking."
~H.D. Murphy

No comments: