Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Cellpoint e Store - Nopoint

Saturday I posted about the lousy service from Cingular. Their retail people are rude and that "least amount of dropped calls" ad campaign is a bunch of hooey. Mudslingr commented and said that it's very possible our problem stems from the SIM cards in the phones. This bears investigation. Now, onto the other problem mentioned that day in the comments.

I don't like eBay. Never have and never will. It's too much of a crap shoot. If you make a purchase be sure and check ALL negative feedback. For instance, there's a company called Cellpoint e Store that does a fair amount of volume. They have 2% negative feedback. This means they are not taking care of 2% of their customers. A good company would make every effort to shed these unfavorable responses.

Cellpoint e Store seems content in stating such things as BAD EBAYER, NO COMMUNICATIONS, DO NOT SELL TO, HEADACHE COMING ! or Worst Ebay ever, No communications Skills , DO NOT SELL, BLOCK THIS IDIOT !!!!!! They try to offset their inability to deal with the public by making negative statements about them. My humble opinion about a company that calls customers idiots? Twerps, dweebs and basic units of barnyard material I say! Think about it; do you really want to do business with a company that calls their customers idiots?

Actually, buying online can be a problem. For instance, Newegg.com has great prices , fast delivery, and has never called a customer an idiot. On the other hand TigerDirect has problems living up to shipping dates, warranty service, etc., so I won't buy from them anymore. Good rule of thumb is "burn me once" and I am through with you. Heck this applies to the brick and mortar shops too. The Good Lord knows I'll never buy anything from a Cingular store again.

Anyway, a friend of mine has filed a dispute with PayPal about false claims made by this Cellpoint hoodoo pit e Store. They say she didn't pay, yet PayPal verifies the payment. She's tried calling and the person answering the phone says that company policy dictates that management won't talk to customers. Huh? What? Management won't talk to customers? What's this all about? Oh wait...I cleared that up when I called them barnyard material units. Folks, this is ridiculous. Why don't they stop, look into it and either ship the product or refund the money? That simple. And here's a message to Cellpoint e Store in case you catch wind of my negative review - go ahead and give me a bad rating on eBay. I don't care. Gloves off.

I will watch this as it progresses. If they do respond and correct their wrong, I'll gladly mention that here. Until then I am doing some research to see what the BBB and state authorities have to say about this company. In the meantime, caveat emptor!

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning."
~Bill Gates, Business @ the Speed of Thought

No comments: