Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Bright Spot in a Feeble Mind

Valentine's Day. A day of mass chocolate consumption. Had a glass of chocolate milk for breakfast and a mocha coffee at lunch in honor of the Saint. My failed ability in relationships of the lovejones doesn't stop me from liking this holiday. Thought about my first love today. Wow, the long term synapses were afirin' mightily.

Her name was Susan Spencer and she was the prettiest thing I'd ever seen. She was shy, prone to blush and looked gorgeous in a bikini. We often met at a friend's backyard pool since her daddy didn't like my longhaired, rock n roll, punkass self. Looking back I don't blame him. Hell, my own Dad wasn't exactly crazy about me at that period in life. Thank God I was afforded some maturity and Dad's ideas about me changed.

Don't know what exactly happened, but the relationship (like most others) was destined to fail. You know, I thought about my failed marriage a lot at first. Then I decided it wasn't a failure because of my two wonderful daughters. The guilt went away. And I really care about some folks today. Selfishness and fear makes the beach house a safe harbor. Hey, am working on it!

So celebrate the day and be happy, especially if you are "in love." It's nice. And given the present divorce rate in this country the lovejones needs more celebration.

"Small dude, bow and arrow in hand, showed up with a box of chocolates. I kicked his sorry ass off the veranda after explaining my happy divorce of 15 years. He gave me the bird as he flew off with a boot print on his diaper. Then daylight magically appeared disproving the theory 'ain't no sunshine when she's gone'."
-Billy Wobblynife

No comments: