Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, December 15, 2003

A man's gotta' know his limitations

Ever been hacked, had a SCSI hard drive fail, network just FUBAR out of the blue, power supplies in two computers on the bench fail at the same time, cornbread not get done in the middle all at the same time? Come spend Sunday afternoon and evening with me. K, the hack is my fault. Rebuilding my system, adding stuff and had my guard down. NBD (no big deal). Only two machines were online and they are both due for a format and reinstall. The hard drive failing is more critical. It is a SCSI (pronounced scuzzy) drive, they are tough and I salvaged what little data was not backed up. "Networking is my life. I live for these moments," the poor depraved soul said. The power supplies are remedied by replacements. But that cornbread not getting done in the middle? What has happened to me? I have to spend more time with my stove.

"This ain't rocket science you know!"
-Emeril Lagasse

No comments: