Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, November 24, 2003

Phones, piggies, prattle n such

Trying to do battle with two machines. One's a desktop I built several years ago and the other is an older laptop running PII with 128 meg o' sdram. The OS is XP Home. It's not happy. Trying to increase the memory. It also has a dialer/trojan that is hiding. It will be found. The desktop may get the Format C: salute. May have taken a power surge hit because three PCI devices have failed. Such is life.

Anyone that has tried to call on the cell please take note that it is off. It was stated here several weeks ago that the abuse of people calling and rambling on probably will prompt work to kill the phone. How many times does someone have to say don't call unless it's an emergency? Oh well, the service is probably gone and I cannot afford to replace it out of my own pocket. Guess I shoulda' just been rude and hung up, huh?

Talking about phones - attempts to make me feel guilty because my phone is busy all the time just won't work. Whenever the VistaIIIMedia cable people decide to make this area asynchronous it will release the cable modem telco uplink. Even then I will not have call waiting - despise it. And the next person that mentions my phone stays busy all the time will be disconnected. I live alone and am somewhat aware of when my phone is in use. There are email addys posted here and at southernphried. Use them.

And how was your Monday!?

"In this age, which believes that there is a short cut to everything, the greatest lesson to be learned is that the most difficult way is, in the long run, the easiest."
-Henry Miller, The Books in My Life

No comments: