Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, November 22, 2003

As Patrick Norton said, "You can't polish a turd."

Just got in from early Christmas shopping. Thought there'd be no one out the weekend before Thanksgiving; was I wrong! K, I don't like what has happened to the celebration of Jesus's birthday. Call me Scrooge or whatever, but the spirit is that of money instead of good will towards women and men. If people really had good will toward their fellow humans they'd make their crumbsnatching children behave in public. Wal-mart sucks because it's a playground where all the rude children in the world come to assault the elderly and defenseless. Don't say anything to these irresponsible mothers and fathers though, it'll get you in trouble. I can testify!! Been there and done that! Doesn't work so just do what I do and go very late at night when all the little ill-mannered urchins are asleep dreaming about their next conquest of the elderly. The parents seem to think it's perfectly fine for their yardapes to stomp all over complete strangers. Manners are quickly becoming a lost art. "Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Liberal Democrat." "Thank you ACLU." You are destroying part of the American way that has helped us survive. Gosh, the return of duelling as a way of life will help!! I know it will! LOL.

I did get a lot of shopping done and survived (didn't go in that evil Wal-Mart either!). It used to be fun, but I guess that part of life is gone. Well need to go get my half-full glass. I seemed to have misplaced it momentarily....

"Love children, well done."
-W.C. Fields

No comments: