Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, November 23, 2003

I shoulda' known better with a PC like you

Always a feeling of accomplishment to return home safely from a road trip. Spent the day with my Mother and Brother Dan n his family. Great to see all of them. Everyone was in a good mood and I suffered very little on the outgoing trip. Traffic was minimal on the way up and I knew it would not be the same on the flipside. Well, the 'sport' drivers didn't let me down. It rained almost all the way home and near collision was rampant. Glad to be back at the beach house.

Now it's time to do battle with a machine I've had way too long. Several pieces of hardware were found defective (ahhh the power surge or lightning thangy) and some of the drivers didn't like the conversion from Win98SE to Windows 2000. It's always best to format and do a new install and this should have been my first move. Now, with large amounts of egg on my face, that's probably the order of the evening. Yes, this is my fault. I know better. Sometimes you just gotta' try creativity. Sometimes you have to use the old melon what resides on top of the body. But hey, we all make mistakes.

"All humans make mistakes: All leaders are human."
-Frank Herbert

No comments: