Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, August 08, 2003

Had an interesting conversation about spare time and what we do with it. When the concept of spare time, time off, vacation (I keep hearing this word and must look up the meaning in the dictionary), days off without mowing the lawn was explained, I vaguely recalled the 'good old days' when I had such in my life. Every Sunday afternoon was reserved for time with my youngest daughter's family and I really enjoyed cooking out, watching movies, talking and normalcy. Then I inherited a second job or two and my familial socializing flew out the window. Well my good friend Stan is going to help me with one of my jobs Sunday afternoon which means that a lot of work will be accomplished. Maybe a change is blowing in the wind. I long for the days of yore when there was time to clean out the garage, paint the garage, tinker with my leadsled el camino, sweep out the garage, organize the storage shed, finish the patio, organize the garage, do all the laundry...something amiss here?

Memphis Monk emailed and wants to further recommend the Tinhat site. He's become security conscious and loves Tinhat's straightforward look on matters. He installed Zonealarm and, after a freaky start, is tickled with it's capabilities and the cost, lol! Monk informed me as to the location of a great astronomy program a few days ago, Celestia. Still haven't built my planetary system called the Catfish system. May put that on my "sparetime" list.

Links are reposted.


Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.
Jane Howard, "Families"

No comments: