Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, April 20, 2003

K, the q key is repaired. Something I might mention is that I like most anything on TechTV. Screensavers and Call for Help are great sources of information about computers and technology. I am intergrating a Linux Red Hat machine into my network (it's WAY kewl so far) and about to install Free BSD 4.3 on another stand alone PC. Anyone that has done the Free BSD dance - all tips and guidance will be appreciated. My windows 2000 machine is a dual p3 1.0g, asus mobo, 1 gig o ram n it's SCSI. Antec Server case, with TDK CDRW and DVD. Also sprung for the Audigy Platinum card since i am a music junkie. Monitor is 21" and the system migrates into the home theater, audio and video. Linux machine is dual pentium pro 200 and SCSI. I recently purchased a 2.4 p4 toshiba laptop that rocks and it is my only XP machine - still a win 2000 fan. I faithfully carry my Palm V (it's old and dependable). It helps make up for my massive brain cell loss! Acquired neat Canon S200 digital cam last year and it goes most everywhere with me. Now I am mentioning all this so everyone can understand how geeky or not-geeky I am and this may provoke questions or tips.

Going to a tool sale at the community center and drive my El Camino. Email is cybersouth@mail.com

Mike

No comments: