Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, April 20, 2003

A definite southern, conservative slant here...liberals need to go to http://www.hollywoodhalfwits.com and read about their 'heroes'. Yes I am truly southern and a Mississippian during the best part of my life. Being in the Tupelo area always provokes questions about Elvis (for the uninitiated, Elvis Presley was born in Tupelo). Yes, there is a kewl birthplace museum and giftshop here and no, I haven't seen him lately. I work for a local company that specializes in telephony and networking. Our clients are commercial and industrial businesses, hence we won't work on your personal computer. One of the reasons I have 'just begun to blog' is to try answering questions about our "personal confusers" and learn more through everyone's input. If this experiment works out a web page will be posted.

I have two beautiful daughters that both work in the business. My oldest lives in Baton Rouge and is an Access/Powerpoint person and my youngest is employeed by a local ISP/computer service company. My oldest finished graduate school at Ole Miss and was summa. My youngest graduates next month with a double degree in programming and networking. I have been happily divorced for 11 years and I should mention that my being happily divorced means my ex has probably been elated-ly divorced for the same period. We don't see each other much and are civil. She has been awesome Mother. I am reclusive and spend most of my time in front of my machines trying to gain more knowledge. I also have a 79 El Camino that I hope will be used as a coffin for my funeral.

About the recent dissent concerning our President; Natalie, Babs, Alec, George, Sean, Janeane, Harry, and the rest of you jerks, grab a plane, leave the country and don't come back. The majority rules in the United States and we support our President. I pray to God that Clooney never does another movie that is set in Mississippi.

The q key is sticking on my keyboard so I must go and try a repair. God willing more will be posted later....

Mike

No comments: