Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, January 20, 2012

Anti SOPA Senator

I didn't contact Roger for permission to publish this email, but I bet he's okay with it. After a lot of research he has constantly spoken AGAINST this legislation on the Senate floor.

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Preventing Real Online Threats to Economic Creativity and Theft of Intellectual Property Act. I am glad to have the benefit of your views on this issue.



Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT) introduced S. 968 in the Senate on May 12, 2011. This bill would allow the U.S. Department of Justice to seek a preliminary court order against web sites that it determines are peddling copyrighted material and counterfeit goods. Currently, this bill has been reported out of the Committee on the Judiciary and awaits action by the full Senate. Be assured I will keep your views in mind as Congress considers legislation affecting online copyright infringement and the protection of intellectual property.



Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever assist you.



With best wishes, I am


Sincerely yours,

Roger F.Wicker
U.S. Senate

No comments: