Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, April 02, 2011

I Think the Guild Wars April Fool's Hoax Sucked

Whew! After some Google research my mind is relieved. It seems the 'powers that be' at Guild Wars. went to elaborate lengths to make fun of their customers. They introduced a profession that seemed straight out of Crysis, Call of Duty, etc., called Commando. Even went so far as to include a new build introduction on their Guild Wars 2 web page. Guild Wars is an online multiplayer fantasy game that is set in fictional lands and eras that are somewhat akin to Tolkien's realm in Lord of the Rings. This is a relief for me. Heck, if I wanted a modern warfare character I'd play a game with a modern warfare scenario. Such characters have no business in Guild Wars. IMHO, Guild Wars 2 will introduce small firearms for certain characters and this is pushing the limit. Oh well, it'd be nice if this was my #1 problem, LOL.

No doubt everyone is entitled to their opinion. Don't challenge mine and I'll leave you to yours...

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
~Douglas Adams

No comments: