Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

He Looked Up and Said, "Go Away You Dirty Old Snake!"

Ever heard the phrase 'that boy is snakebit'? Well, it is either an Anaconda or a Python that has been seen prowling around the beach house. The lead sled is still ailing from transmission problems. Three jobs scheduled to end by midweek have been rescheduled. My dread of the doctor's appointment Thursday has increased tenfold. It's hard to get parts to work on a vehicle if you don't HAVE a vehicle to retrieve said parts.

My desire to have a calm, peaceful Christmas is quickly going out the window. This yearning must border on some weird type of heresy. Even though prayer has not helped so far, it's still my greatest option for relief. And yes, all this whining is beginning to irritate even me. Normally optimism abounds around here, but after all I am a man. Now please excuse me while I crawl back under the El Camino and wallow in a pool of transmission fluid and tears.

"It's a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy."
-Lucille Ball

No comments: