Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Just an email away

There are very few sure bets in this world. One is that if you send me a smarmy email that DEMANDS a reply or forwarding to others, you can book the bank that this will NEVER happen. Your personal notes about how something works or that if I don't send this to 5 friends then Jesus won't love me really frustrates me. You have nothing to do with my relationship with God and never will. So stop it. Intimidation is barnyard material. Email is wonderful and a great tool for us all to use - properly. No doubt, I have fallen out of this chair laughing at things sent and always enjoy hearing from friends. Just don't spam me or try intimidation.

Here's an older link from year 2000 that has 10 nice guidelines for email -> Email Courtesy Suggestions. Please pay attention; especially to numbers 4 and 5. If you don't know how to use the Bcc function, please email me! Haven't tried Gmail? I still have several invitations left to this fantastic free email service. Again, email me!

"Courtesies cannot be borrowed like snow shovels; you must have some of your own."
-Wanamaker

No comments: