Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, May 17, 2004

A very important word

The most important word concerning PCs is UPDATE! When you check your Windows Critical Updates (and you do, don't you?) there's that word that denotes an extreme sense of urgency; the one spelled C-r-i-t-i-c-a-l! Don't at random select these, DO ALL OF THEM!!! I don't care if you ever use Windows Media Player 9 in the regular windows updates, but use your noggin' and get all the WINDOWS CRITICAL UPDATES installed on your machine. Have no idea what I am talking about? Then I hope you saved your boxes because you need to ship it back to the place of purchase and give up using this wonderful, useful tool. Sheesh! How thick does a person's head have to be to completely ignore such an important procedure that is basically painless. Can we say Neanderthal? Feelings hurt? Then get busy and correct a truly foolish mistake. Or keep paying me and my brothers in arms to correct errors of gross stupidity.

Please, please remember that an anti-virus scan is only as good as the last virus definition UPDATE. If you don't UPDATE your anti-virus definitions you are playing with fire. And do the same for your spyware/adware prevention. I am here to testify that AVG and Ad-Aware have updates on an almost daily basis. Just remember if you are sitting in front of a machine that has gaping holes due to your slackass attitude concerning Windows Critical Updates, you might not reap the full benefit of a great anti-virus program like AVG. Hey, There's no love lost between me and the script kiddies writing this trash and the bizzness moguls over at eUniverse and Gator/Claria/Gain/CME/or whatever they are named today. They should be rounded up, gut shot then left to die. Have trouble abiding jerks and believe me, I have experience.

Everyone have a wonderful updating evening. Rock on my fellow nerdlings.

"If you're going through hell, keep going."
-Winston Churchill

No comments: