Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, December 09, 2011

Merry Christmas?

Interesting thing happened today. I had to cash a small check in a bank where I have no account. This is rare thing for me. I needed to buy cheap, non-nutritious food to keep my fat ass fat and also put fuel in the truck. Usually hats are not part of my wardrobe. I did have one on and the lady asked me to remove it and was very nice. She pointed to several signs posted in the bank. They supported her hat removal thing. She was courteous. She smiled and wished me a great holiday season. I said thank you.

Then, with the hat removal thing in mind which seemed like Regions Bank's wimpy parallel to an attempt at uber control, I made a decision. "Ma'am, I wish you a Merry Christmas. Certainly I hope the holiday season finds you well. I also wish you good tidings of comfort and joy if you are not celebrating the birth of Christ. But, I am a Christian and not shy about it. Take my Christmas wish however you like."

This is Regions Bank? Telling me how to dress? I'll not to be back. It was a convenience thing just to get cash to eat. Regions Bank charged me a few dollars to extend a transaction that consisted of them making good on a check written on THEM. Hmmmm, concept of legal tender no longer exists, huh? The man whose face is on that dollar bill handed to me would have wasted the place like Bunker Hill if he had faced such indignant treatment. Does un-American attitude come to mind?

As I walked towards the door I heard, "Merry Christmas Mr. West and thank you." I stopped and smiled with a nod. I knew Regions Bank was history. It felt good to keep walking and know my idiot ass attitude had a positive result.

Regions Bank sucks. Their teller did not.

"Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."
~Emily Dickinson

2 comments:

Casey Dixon said...

With no offense meant my friend, most banks nowadays require a removal of head-wear because they believe it helps twart robbery attempts. But yeah, that's bogus that they charged you to cash one of THEIR checks.

Dock said...

Not being a "hat" person this info has escaped me for years it seems. Several ppl have said many banks have similar policies. Regions Bank still sucks. If I can find a way to avoid public places, my current disappointment in attitudes and lack of manners may improve, lol! Thanks for a good comment.