Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, October 06, 2011

RIP Steve

"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life," he said. "Because almost everything -- all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure -- these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important."

Steve Jobs spoke these eloquent words while delivering the commencement address at Stanford University in 2005. He will be missed. As you look at your iPhone, Ipod, iPad or Mac today please say a prayer for his family.

Though not always supportive of many of Steve's decisions, during the past few years I've gained respect for this man and his many innovative gifts to the world of technology. I even have a Mac on my network. It's been with me for almost 5 years. Today the machine's name will be changed to JOBS.

"If we really think that home is elsewhere and that this life is a 'wandering to find home,'' why should we not look forward to the arrival?" ~C.S. Lewis

No comments: