Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, February 25, 2008

Searchin' for My Lost Shaker of Salt


Jimmy Buffett is not playing in the background, yet. After 10 hours on site and being up most of the wee morning hours, there was a momentary pause before departing the truck and prayers of gratitude spilled forth. It was good to be home. Then I proceeded to spend time with my daughter playing Guild Wars while monitoring my days work in the background. An occasional check told me that my efforts yesterday were not in vain. There is a huge shout out to two Alpha Geeks, Lin J the Trombone man, and Jim C (aka Ashby). Thanks for the superb support and aid!

This morning that server's diagnostics have been up on the screen and there are several client machines logged in and working. So far only a call about a printer problem that is not relevant. After while I'll log in and get the proprietary software boys n girls on the phone and, hopefully, stop another hiccup. Then it's time to return to the physical site and make sure everyone is happy. Another long day. There will be prayers of gratitude this evening. I am glad to be working. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Whoa! What's that? I can hear a far off voice singing about boat drinks, cheeseburgers in paradise and mother ocean.

Stay casual.

I've got my hush-puppies on,
I guess I never was meant for
glitter rock and roll
.
~Buffett, Come Monday

No comments: