Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, February 04, 2008

Oh, Woe is Me

I am selfish. The King Cake is gone. My lardass ate every last morsel. Even licked the box. This greed of such a delight makes me pause. Truly, I know why destiny has never let me reside in New Orleans. My shame is barely bearable. I was not a big caramel fan and this type of icing was all over it. Now my list of cravings includes caramel. Each King Cake has a small figurine of a baby that represents Jesus. The person that receives the piece with the baby is supposed to have good luck for the year. Does that mean my local search for King Cakes will pay off? Wait...greed and gluttony are overcoming shame again. Well, I ate the whole thing so I DID receive the piece with the baby. Okay my fat, stuffed pathetic, bigger than a house butt is outta here. Wonder if there's milk in the fridge?

"Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart."
~Erma Bombeck

No comments: