Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Vista and CPAs

Several of my friends are CPAs. They all look tired. Today is normally the last day for IRS filing, but they've extended it to the 17th this year. God bless them all and help them survive the next few days. Their hours are horrendous during this season and they all work hard. Hope they get a chance to rest later this week.

Still thinking about the Vista installation. Gosh the more I read the more I am befuddled. Some folks actually hate the 64 bit version and say throw the disk away while others love it. I cannot take a chance on software not running so the 32 bit may be the choice. Tomorrow is decision time.

Sometimes it is amazing what people expect technicians to know. If you own a business and use accounting software for payroll, receivables, etc., then please learn to install and use it. I do my dead level best to leave accounting to the aforementioned CPAs and, for the most part, they leave the problems of computer hardware to me.

Please take note: If every software application known to man was running at the beach house and thoroughly understood I wouldn't be doing this job. Glad to help if familiar with a product, but don't think that I automatically know how to use "Norton's Automatic Dog Walking Suite" or "McNally's Accounting for Martians." The beach house deals in hardware and operating systems. Think about it...

Enjoy Sunday. Pray for your CPA.

"I regularly read Internet user groups filled with messages from people trying to solve software incompatibility problems that, in terms of complexity, make the U.S. Tax Code look like Dr. Seuss."
~Dave Barry

No comments: