Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, April 14, 2007

To 64 or Not?

Purchased Windows Vista today. Have the Ultimate version and am in a quandary about installing the 32 or 64 bit version. Both DVDs are included. Some programs won't work with 64 bit like AVG Antivirus. This worries me. I think AVG is by far the best antivirus program. It'll be strange to not see the multicolored box in the system tray.

The 64 bit version is problematic when it comes to resident drivers so I am leaning towards the 32 bit version. Besides, I am setting up a RAID array of two SATAII Seagate hard drives and pushing the thru put to 300mb. May be best to move up to 64 bit the next time I reload when the processor is upgraded All my hardware seems capable so this requires more thought. Certainly in no hurry.

Got to put a PC on the bench and get to work. Later y'all.

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
~Edsger W. Dijkstra

No comments: