Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Peter Cottontail and Purple Giraffes

It's Easter: The Christian celebration of the Resurrection of Christ. It's also a day that children have fun hunting colored eggs and eating chocolate bunnies n such. The parents usually have ham and other health foods like mashed potatoes with gravy, yeast rolls with real butter, apple pie with ice cream on top, etc.

Yes it's Easter. Always has been and always will be for me. If you don't like the name because it's associated with old Celtic pagan fertility rituals then that's your uptight narrowed minded business. I love this holiday because it has the positive nature of Christ's rising and souls being saved. Good Friday I am not so crazy about...

Received the best email ever today. Tears filled my eyes with joy as I looked at the pictures of our newest edition and then saw the one with the Purple Giraffe holding her new cousin in her arms. Wow, this nailed me. There are many great photos so far, but one with both of them is a huge old tug at my heart. Yes, I realize my advanced years have made me somewhat maudlin. Don't care.

Now the hunt has escalated for a decent photo printer. Have the paper, but my old printer is just not gonna do the job. The two HP laser printers on the network have served for years without a glitch so it will be an HP more than likely. Besides, that gives me a chance to talk to Rajah or Omar in New Delhi if problems arise. Wonder how long it'll take the illegal immigrants to raise hell about them not speaking Spanish?

Later y'all.

"Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won't stay there."
~Clarence W. Hall

No comments: