Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving is a Great Time for Family, Friends and Food

Spending mine alone this year. Am splurging and putting kraut and cheese on my hot dogs, lol! Will drink a real Coke today too. The family is busy doing things elsewhere and it's nice to have some time off. The kids will be here Saturday for the LAN party and that's treat enough for me. Enjoy the day and please take a moment to count your blessings. Mine are tremendous. I thank God for all of you that call me friend, family and brother.

"Some hae meat and canna eat, -
And some wad eat that want it;
But we hae meat, and we can eat,
Sae let the Lord be thankit."

-Robert Burns

EDIT: Wow, I barely get this posted and one of my best friends shows up with a huge plate of Turkey day food and another container of different desserts. Know what? Actually didn't pray for food n such, just said prayers of gratitude for that which has been bestowed upon me. And people don't believe in the power of prayer? Go figure...

No comments: