Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Two Questions Answered

First question: Can I run Apple's OSX operating system on a Windows machine?

Yes. There are several good sites about this process. I like the OSx86 Project. Here's another article from 2004 that takes different utilities, incorporates them into XP and makes it look like OSX; Turn your PC into a Mac. You may want to look around this site. The homepage is Engadget. Pretty kewl site that uses the blog format, much like Slashdot. The reason I write about Apple's OSX operating system is because I like it. It started life as a worked over version of FreeBSD. I don't like Apple hardware. It's too pricy and overated, but at least they now use Intel processors. You can definitely run Windows on an Apple machine too. My preference is still Windows. The recent Microsoft admission of using spyware to make your computer report in is VERY disgusting. Hope this helps.




Second question: Are you okay?

Yes, or as well as can be expected for an old fat guy. Last week brought a change in medications and two of the blood pressure meds were increased 100%. The ability to remain upright is now better. Work has continued and coming home to drop has been the latest routine. People wondering why I haven't been active in GuildWars the last few days now know. If I have missed a phone call please forgive me. They are usually returned as soon as I check the phone. Have another doctor's appointment in just a few days n then one next month. There will probably be tests. Folks, bear with me. This is to inform not glean sympathy. The recovery from truck and tools being stolen is also nearing completion, at least, financially. Still love to get my hands on the sorry SOB that committed this crime. Then...there is the sanity question.

"They claim red meat is bad for you. But I never saw a sick-looking tiger."
-Chi Chi Rodriguez

No comments: