Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Kryptonite n Pieces of Eight

I like Superman. The early DC comics gave me an appetite to explore science fact and fiction. There is a new movie, Superman Returns that will be out the 28th of this month. This looks like one that needs to be seen in the theater. I absolutely do NOT agree with Kevin Spacey's politics, but he is a good actor. His portayal of Lex Luthor, Superman's arch rival, looks promising. The trailer leads one to believe an insightful look into this fictional hero of generations is there for an eye feast. Check it out.

Next month we get to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Yes, I know this is based on a ride at Disney World. The first movie was awesome and the lead actors reprise their roles with some neat additions. Being a parrothead, pirate movies are naturally attractive. Mr. Buffett and I were born 200 years too late. Wait, they didn't have air conditioning back then. Nevermind. I still occasionally watch the first movie and this will have to be a real turkey if it doesn't end up likewise.

Enjoy Sunday afternoon. Local weather is really nice. The grill and lawnmower are calling me. Later.

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
-Napoleon

No comments: