Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Shopaholic? NOT!!

Okay, late yesterday was spent prowling the mall area shopping. I'd hire this done if possible. In a local store noted for kitchen, bath and bedroom stuff I was literally blocked. There they stood with their big lard butts blocking the way talking with a suspicious accent...well, okay, maybe they were just yankees. I politely asked if I could pass and thought that I had lapsed into hell or at least a game of Dungeons and Dragons gone bad. Cringing I retreated and hid behind Mother who is visiting for a few days.

Immediately my rant started about leaving and I was told to stop whining. I stopped whining. The rest of this trip was spent avoiding these evil strange speaking women. After they prowled the front counter for several weeks they finally left. While checking out the young lady asked if I was okay and handed me a tissue. Through the sobs, I told her she wouldn't understand. She sighed and said something about 'what a sad man' while watching me stumble to the door.

Shopping sucks. I don't like it. Thank you Lord for the internet, my soft chair and good coffee maker. I will try to never go mall hopping again. Now it's time to see if I can find a cave.


"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."

-Yogi Berra

No comments: