Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Linux rocks!

Well, after spending a night & day kissing the sky the flexiril is wearing off. During the day it was not a good idea to work on any client's PC so I tortured one of my own. My Toshiba laptop now dual boots to Windows XP and Linux SuSE 9.1. Sweet!! Grasshoppa says my geekfactor is way off the scale. His guidance helped me get this excellent flavor of Linux up and running.

Also visited in his shop a coupla' days ago and it's awesome. He is wireless, with mega toys, perfect workshop with the ideal bench, XM radio, and a beautiful home in a very quiet neighborhood. His Linux/Windows machine is an uber build with kickass case, lights, cables, etc. We used his external burner parallel port to USB to copy some files from an older laptop onto a CDR. Nice device. Hated to cut the visit short but had a 'fire' in Tupelo.

It's nice to have Linux again. Now if I can just put the FreeBSD PC on the rack and make it smooch the video card. All in good time...

"Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100 mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had."
-Linus Torvalds (father of Linux)

No comments: