Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The cape and tights are on

Yesterday was frustrating. Arose at 1:45am and started work. Returned 3 PCs to a network and one decided to go fubar concerning the video after sitting on the bench purring like a kitten for hours. Then the car loaned to me by a very gracious friend decided to rebel. After an extended period of crippling down the side of the road and much consulting it was determined that there was water in the gas. In the process of moving 4 workstations around my back decided to go tarfu. There's a laptop on my bench that is in pieces for the 4th time and it is laughing at me. Finally received a message from IBM after the 3rd email that told me to call them about an allinone Netvista PC and, from the signature, it is indicated my use of the English language will be to no avail. Had to cancel several appointments which means the workload today will be heavy.

On top of all this people kept calling running up my cell phone bill with chitchat and other things that can be resolved by email - cybersouth@gmail.com. Folks, it's the first of the month after Christmas holiday and the inevitable struggle with receivables and payables is upon the beach house. My ability to walk upright and stress from the vehicle problem are non-relenting factors that hinder my usual cheery "can do" attitude. Wish things would return to a snafu state. Please don't make me take the phone off hook again. Today I am WHINY BOY...sub-superhero fighting depression, chaos, a bad back, high blood pressure, age and high phone bills. This is a plea for prayer, extreme weight loss (the bad back/hbp thang), and phone calls 9-11pm. Now the question of the day -> Do you think strong coffee will overcome the drowsiness brought on by Flexiril?

"The only thing that will redeem mankind is cooperation."
-Bertrand Russell

No comments: