Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, April 01, 2004

A fix, a complaint, a war, and a movie

The AVG download site "fix" is posted at Southern-Phried. The instructions are exact and very boring. This did not help in my venture to acquire a virus definition download so I am now running Avast!. It's different and under observation.

There are many pictures waiting to be posted and I will probably be in overkill mode the next time my upload speed is good. Florida Molly emailed recommending, "quit being a bitch and stop whining." LOL! Okay, my faith is in the VistaIIIMedia people to bring two-way cable modem to the thriving metropolis of Saltillo, MS. Talked to one of their techs yesterday and he was well-mannered, precise and took the time to explain the situation. Even wanted to call one of their uber techs to do a service call and see about possible hardware problems. God Bless them, they are trying to help. So I need to cease and desist my 'girly-man whining' as Molly so graciously put it.

Mississippi State University has information on voles and moles. I am still fighting the War of the Moles/Voles. My mammoth ears have to be planted this weekend and I am dead set on keeping these nasty critters away! Moth balls are said to be a great cure for this problem and humane as well. Results will be reported.

Came in last night, turned off the phones, turned off all the machines (except the server), cranked up the home theater and watched a tremendous movie; Secondhand Lions. Michael Caine, Robert Duvall and Haley Joel Osment turn in spectacular performances. Heartwarming tale that gently reminds us of mankind's superior qualities. One of those movies that delivers, big time. Watch it alone, with your significant other, your Mother, your children, your dog or your goldfish. This is good cinema without rap music, profane rantings, explicit sex and disgusting gore. Yes, it is almost sappy. I cried some and laughed a lot! There is still some good in this rude, ill-mannered world.

"To measure the man, measure his heart."
-Forbes

No comments: